You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: My journey includes the story of my neighbors...and my husband's character

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My journey includes the story of my neighbors...and my husband's character

UGH! Without another outlet and determined not to write a Facebook status that lasts for days I thought I would just post this here.

Part of my journey has been finding the good in people, and most of all finding the good in my Hubby Dude. I always knew he was amazing, but I've discovered just how much more amazing he is in the past 2 years. And I'm proud to call him my husband. That's why when someone lies about him or questions his character, I get steaming mad.

It's hard to smile when you feel as if the whole world has gone off its rocker
Quick story -- couple years ago he blew the whistle on a guy who was say demeaning things about a female co-worker. The manager (the guy) denied he said the things and they suspended my husband "pending investigation" then they wanted him to come in and talk. Our lawyer advised my husband not to speak to them, file unemployment and be done with it. We did. But to this day I am incredibly angry that my husband did the right thing and got painted as the bad guy.

Fast forward to yesterday. Leave the house to go to see my son at my Mom and Dad's. He's in town with his girlfriend for a small window of time. We leave out apartment and head toward the back lot where we all park. There was a car parked sideways right up against the back porch and someone sitting in the car and it's running. Two women, both wearing red t-shirts, we talking to the person in the car. One of the women was sitting on the steps smoking a cigarette. She had short blonde hair. The other woman was leaning up against the railing. She had longer hair --- a blondish-brunette.

She asks "Do you need to get out?" I say, "Yes we do." I got in the car and made a smart remark, I thought I said it under my breath but she may have heard me. She left the railing she was leaning on and walked around the back of our car as we were pulling out. And then I hear a thud, like someone slapping the trunk or bumper and I hear, "DUDE!!! You HIT ME!" as she walks around the driver's side of the car from the back of the car. Hubby Dude leans out the window and asks if she's all right and she says "YEAH!" and we leave.

Fast forward to when we get home, voice mail from some cop. Oh, here we go! I'll skip over most of this and say cops came out to talk to us about the incident. And the woman standing off to the side talking to the officer is the woman who was sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette. The other woman who was the one who said she got hit is not there. But my neighbor is! And she wasn't even there when it happened. I asked my son who the blonde lady was and he said, "She's telling the guy that you hit her."

This goes on a bit and everyone gets all calmed down and the officer tells us basically he doesn't really believe what they're telling him and this does not make them happy. We were on the phone with the landlord who says to me that I should know who these ladies are. I should? Well apparently Lady A (who moved in to the apartment in January) I should know (why??) has a new roommate who moved in two weeks ago -- Lady B. Why would I know this? And what happened to the guy (who we call Bobby Hill) who was living there a month ago?

I don't even know where I'm going with this blog post other than the landlord made us feel as if somehow this was all my husband's fault. The officer was kind and said he thought they were full of baloney, but the LANDLORD -- they guy we've rented from and paid rent to ON TIME for almost 9 years treated my husband like a lowlife.

Yes, I know...move. It's easy to say, harder to do. Our rent is cheap, very cheap. We're located close to everything, and my son and his girlfriend live 2 blocks apart, so we do not want to move. What we want is our across the hall neighbor to not change every 6 months, leaving the apartment trashed. What we want is for our across the hall neighbors NOT to get drunk and fight and throw things against the wall at 4:15am. You don't have to know who I am, and we can just say hello and smile when we see each other. Bur for the love of God, please, please, PLEASE do NOT question my husband's character. He's one of the good guys, and most women can only HOPE to find someone with as good a heart as his.

Okay....done. And thank you for reading. This post really is in sharp contrast to my early post about intolerance. This post makes me seem intolerant. I guess in a way, I am. Intolerant of the partying, smoking, fighting, screaming, police at the building every 2 weeks since they moved in. Men and women coming and going at all hours of the night, people banging on MY door looking for Lady A and her three year old son.

I just want us all to live in peace....until I can find another place to live.