You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Lower Fat Macaroni Salad - This Is The Food I Eat

Friday, February 7, 2014

Lower Fat Macaroni Salad - This Is The Food I Eat

I don't eat a lot of pasta or macaroni these days, but "The Hubs" does like a little pasta or macaroni from time to time.
On the night we decided we weren't going to go out for the deep-fried, calorie-loaded Western NY fish fry and went home and made baked salmon with lemon and dill and oil & vinegar coleslaw instead, "The Hubs" wanted macaroni salad. I can't say I blame him, he hadn't had it in quite some time!
cooked elbow macaroni -- used 1 cup dry
It was easy enough to make -- I just had to come up with a way to replace the mayonnaise. Since "The Hubs" likes whipped salad dressing (Miracle Whip) more than mayo anyway, that was half the battle.

I chopped up some celery
Chopped celery -- I like to use some of the leaves too
I chopped up some onion
chopped white onion - but I also like red or Vidalia

Then I pulled out some of the strained plain yogurt I keep in the fridge for smoothies and to use as sour cream or to make tzatziki. I mixed half strained plain yogurt and half whipped salad dressing and mixed it up with the cooked elbow macaroni. I only used a cup of dry elbow macaroni and it made enough for the two of us to have 1/4 cup serving -- and some left for the next day.
The finished product!

I didn't add tuna that night, but you could add some canned, drained tuna if you wanted to do so. "The Hubs" declared it great the way it was!


Enjoy and Cheers!
Rachael Monaco