You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Life after weight loss surgery -- Day 4

Friday, February 14, 2014

Life after weight loss surgery -- Day 4

It's Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 -- I like those numbers 2-14-14 -- they just look so pleasant! Another morning when I was woken up before 6am by a cat trying to get something (like my glasses) out of my jewelry cabinet. Gotta love them!
Fred -- the troublemaker -- and what he thinks is HIS desk chair!
I feel good! I honestly physically feel good! Except for some balance issues (which have to do with my Meniere's syndrome and not my surgery), I feel as if I could take on the world. I was able to get down 60g of protein yesterday just from my protein drinks! Yeah! I'm using the Vitacost Aro Black Series vanilla. It's not perfect, but I can get it down without gagging. I'm getting down darn close to the 6 ounces per hour they want you to get down and not feeling any back up or heaviness. I try to get as much of my protein down in the early part of the day as I can and then sip on water, tomato juice and apple juice/water the rest of the day, then more protein in the evening. Even some broth and a little of a cream soup the other day.

I am even thinking that I may go to the "Y" today and/or tomorrow and just do a little light walking on the treadmill. Yes, the doctor said that was fine. I'll just put my protein drink in my travel mug and lug it along. I'm sure I'll only get 10 or 15 minutes in. If the weather would cooperate I'd just take a walk outside. But...it's not, so the "Y" it is! I can't lift anything heavy yet, which is fine. And though I don't have any pain from the tiny incision in my chest, I do feel "tugging" on my abdomen on those incisions. It's not painful, but it is uncomfortable at times. Nothing a little Tylenol and rest doesn't fix. And I do tire easily. But, I only took two naps yesterday instead of four!

I would post photos of my incisions but I think they'd get pulled down for some kind of violation of terms of service. Let me just say this, they are not ugly and I expect to have little to no scarring. Amazing, huh?

Except for Meniere's, which sucks and I hope NO ONE ever gets that, I'm doing well. I've noticed more hearing loss in my right ear and I've had some balance issues, which are nothing new. That all has to do with getting the right amount of fluids in my body at the right time. That's ever changing and probably will be an issue for the rest of my life.

More observations to come! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Cheers!
Rachael Monaco