You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Day One post op -- Anesthesia reaction

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day One post op -- Anesthesia reaction

Hello all!!! I got through my surgery well, but I will tell you this. It's definitely the option of last resort. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sorry went through it, but if you can do it on your own, do it.


Everything went very smoothly the day of surgery and the entire procedure took 28 minutes. I was in PACU for about 2 hours. The anesthesia made me pretty sick. I had never had an operation before so, of course, no one knew what to expect. But after trying a few medications the doctor prescribed a patch to put behind my ear and t worked perfectly.

As for pain, yes...there's pain. Everyone's tolerance for pain is different, and I think the worst mine got was a 6 out of 10. I went home the next day, leaving the hospital about noon time.

The overnight stay in the hospital went fine. I had a private room, thank goodness. I used my ice chips and drank my half water/half apple juice as instructed. I had an IV keeping me hydrated as well. My oxygen levels stayed excellent all night and the only time my blood pressure went up was when in pain.

I'm home now and I'll write about day two (today Wednesday 2/12/14) a bit tomorrow.

As always, Cheers!
Rachael Monaco