You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Not your Mama's cornbread! Lighten up cornbread and it's still delicious

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Not your Mama's cornbread! Lighten up cornbread and it's still delicious

Yes, I know, a Northern girl telling anyone how to make cornbread? HA! But..in my own defense, the very first cornbread recipe made was Alton Brown's quickly followed by Paula Deen's. But then Paula Deen announced she's battling Type 2 diabetes and Alton Brown lost 50 pounds on a low carb diet and now I'm trying to get healthy. So...

My husband loves cornbread. Loves it. When he came home from the hospital last year after an 11-day stay on IV antibiotics one of the first things he wanted when he felt up to eating again was cornbread. That's when my mission began to find a healthier for us version.


Better for  you mini corn muffins
I played around with almond flour and soy flour mixed with the corn meal, but nothing ever seemed to hit the right note with him. Until now. Better for you mini corn muffins recipe -- the bonus part is that these are easier to make and....with less ingredients they're less expensive to make. AND...I kept out 6 for dinner the night I made vegan chili and froze the rest. And they're still in the freeze for another vegan chili night!

Enjoy and cheers!
Rachael Monaco