You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Medical clearance for weight loss surgery complete! Mission accomplished!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Medical clearance for weight loss surgery complete! Mission accomplished!

Jan. 27, 2014 – I had my medical clearance appointment and I have an amazing doctor who went over my entire medical history and cleared me for surgery. Now, he’s not a fan of this surgery, and I appreciate his viewpoint. But, despite that he has cleared me and I have the green light from him. One more appointment to get through pre-op and that’s the final weigh in in Feb. 3 – and I am working had to make sure I follow the BIGGEST rule they set – DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT!!!

Even with exercise and watching my diet even more closely, I haven’t been able to move the number on the scale past what I was at my last appointment on Dec. 17. This is somewhat upsetting – you would think in 6 weeks at least a pound would come off. BUT…I keep hearing the nurse at the surgeon's office in my head: “No scale matters but the one HERE!” Well, every other scale I’ve been on has been anywhere from 3 pounds off to 15 pounds off. Yup – 15 pounds! So, I’m just doing what I do. Eating right, exercising 4 times a week and praying for God to look over me.
Baked salmon with lemon and dill

It’s darn cold out this morning in Western NY! I don’t WANT to go to the YMCA to work out, but I will. They have lap swim from 2:30 until 4pm today. I’ll go around 1:30pm and do the treadmill and bike for an hour then head over to the pool to swim my 20 laps. Then home to make dinner. It’s fish night!
Last Friday when I was at the YMCA swimming my laps these old broads were yapping about going out for a fish fry. Then I couldn’t get it out of MY head. ARGH!!! But my hubby wouldn’t allow it. We went home and made our version of a fish fry – baked salmon with lemon and dill, homemade oil/vinegar coleslaw and my version of macaroni salad. We also had a big green salad and split a bag of edamame for another veggie. Best “Fish Fry” EVER!
Macaroni salad -- the slimmed down version

Oil and vinegar coleslaw

Stay warm out there! Recipes are coming!

Cheers to your good health!

Rachael Monaco