You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Make sure you have healthier choices in your cupboards and pantry

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Make sure you have healthier choices in your cupboards and pantry

It's not easy to give anyone a list of better for you options to have on hand in your cupboards or your pantry, but I went through my old list of "what to have in your well-stocked cupboards and pantry" and revised it. I tried to keep it simple because money is tight for just about everyone and stress runs high when trying to budget money for groceries and eat healthy. Believe me, I've been there, I'm still there and I'm doing that.
You can make a quick and health salad dressing using olive oil and red wine vinegar
But you can have healthier options and not break your grocery budget. You can avoid those battles with the spouse or significant other over how much money is spent on groceries. Yeah, you'll still probably have a few arguments over the grocery budget, but when you start to spend less on junk food, dining out, take out and eventually on medications and clothes the picture will become clearer that the more you invest in putting healthier food in your body the better you will feel -- and you'll notice that it actually all balances itself out.

So, what healthier for you options should you have in the cupboards and/or the pantry? I've made up a quick reference list -- and most of these things I can find at places like Aldi's, Save-A-Lot, PriceRite and Walmart. Check out your local markets and compare prices. Just take this list and a notebook and jot down prices and compare them. This will help you prepare your plan of attack when it comes time for grocery shopping, whether you do it weekly or monthly. 

I hope this list of healthier options to have in the cupboards and pantry helps you as much as it has helped us!

Enjoy and cheers!
Rachael Monaco