You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Homemade stuffing or dressing -- lighten it up and make it smaller

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Homemade stuffing or dressing -- lighten it up and make it smaller

I love stuffing.  I don't know many people who don't. Growing up my mom always made Stove Top stuffing with roasted chicken on Sundays. I grew up loving Stove Top stuffing.

But the years have gotten to me and I can't eat all that processed, sodium laden food anymore. Not if I want to be Fabulous and Fifty <snap>! Over the years I've learned to make homemade stuffing. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite stuffing/dressing recipes comes from Paula Deen. And Emeril. But alas, I cannot eat butter and egg laden stuffing/dressing anymore.



I've been testing some different ways of making homemade stuffing for quite some time, and my favorite way to make it was always with a BIG loaf of stuffing bread or a crusty loaf of Italian bread. But, white carbs have become my enemy...so, I needed to find another way to deal with stuffing other than not eating it at all.

I don't make this often, but when I get in a mood for stuffing, my recipe for Stuffing Cups is the healthier option. And it helps that it tastes good! And, I make the stuffing cups in my mini muffin pan and they're so cute! Oh...and tasty!
Homemade stuffing in my mini muffin tin!

Mini stuffing cups

Stuffing mix -- made with whole grain bread

Homemade stuffing made with whole grain bread

The homemade stuffing recipe uses whole grain bread -- and you can make the stuffing cups or bake this n an pan in the oven. The recipe makes enough stuffing for 8 to 12 small servings or 4 to 6 large servings. If your low-carbing it, stick to a small serving. It will taste that much better!

Enjoy and cheers!
Rachael Monaco