You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Journey to Fabulous and Fifty: Easy and delicious ways to enjoy zucchini and yellow summer squash

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Easy and delicious ways to enjoy zucchini and yellow summer squash

I admit, growing up I didn't much care for zucchini or yellow summer squash. The only way I like zucchini was in zucchini bread or mom's homemade zucchini pickles -- both loaded with sugar. I guess having bushels and bushels..and bushels and bushels..of zucchini coming out of our garden didn't help much. Eating zucchini 18 times a week might turn anyone off.
Zucchini and yellow squash


However, I have found as I grow older (and older and older) that I actually do like zucchini, and often find myself eating it at least 6 to 8 times every week in a variety of ways. I like yellow squash too, but not nearly as much as I like zucchini. And....both can be found rather inexpensively -- the most I've ever paid is $1.29 per pound for either. Usually I find it for 99¢ per pound and during peak season I often find it for 59¢ or less per pound. Good enough reason for me to eat it.

A former "picky eater" I had to figure out ways to get my own picky eaters (hubby included) to eat zucchini and yellow summer squash. You'll find just a few ideas here, and don't forget to check out my ideas for creating the perfect custom blend of mixed vegetables using fresh produce and frozen vegetables.

Enjoy and Cheers!
Rachael Monaco